Catalog of Enterprise Systems
California Government Code Section 6270.5 requires local agencies to create and post a catalog of Enterprise Systems on its website.
An Enterprise system is a software application or computer system that collects, stores, exchanges, and analyzes information that the agency uses that is both of the following:
- A multi-departmental system or a system that contains information collected about the public.
- A system of record.
An Enterprise System does not include any of the following:
- Information technology security systems, including firewalls and other cybersecurity systems.
- Physical access control systems, employee identification management systems, video monitoring, and other physical control systems.
- Infrastructure and mechanical control systems, including those that control or manage street lights, electrical, natural gas, or water or sewer functions.
- Systems related to 911 dispatch and operation or emergency services.
- Systems that would be restricted from disclosure pursuant to Section 6254.19.
- The specific records that the information technology system collects, stores, exchanges, or analyzes.
California Government Code Section 6254.19 exempts from disclosure an information security record of a public agency, if, on the facts of the particular case, disclosure of that record would reveal vulnerabilities to, or otherwise increase the potential for an attack on, an information technology system of a public agency.