Mental Health Services - Medi-Cal
As a CenCal Health member, outpatient and inpatient mental health services are available to you.
You can discuss your mental health needs with your primary care doctor, or if you do not wish to talk with your primary care doctor about your mental health concerns, you can call the Behavioral Health Call Center at 1-877-814-1861.
If you are in crisis or experiencing an mental health emergency, please call 911, 988 Suicide and Crisis Life Line or contact your County Access line.
Santa Barbara BWell Access Line (888) 868-1649.
San Luis Obispo Access Line (800) 838-1381.
Outpatient Mental Health Services
Outpatient Mental Health services are provided by CenCal Health’s Behavioral & Mental Health Provider. Members may call CenCal Health’s Member Services Call Center at (877) 814 -1861. CenCal HEALTH also coordinates mental health services with Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo County Mental Health Departments.
These services include:
- Individual mental health evaluation and treatment (psychotherapy)
- Group mental health evaluation and treatment services
- Psychological testing when clinically indicated to evaluate a mental health condition
- Psychiatric consultation for medication management
- Mental health services for relational problems are not covered. This includes counseling for couples or families for conditions listed as relational problems.
Alcohol & Drug Services
Substance Use Disorder Benefits:
- Voluntary Inpatient Detoxification
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment Services
- Residential Treatment Services
- Outpatient Drug Free Services
- Narcotic Treatment Services
Members who are in crises should call 911, or go to the nearest emergency room department.
For alcohol and drug services, call:
- Santa Barbara County (805) 681-5440
- San Luis Obispo County (805) 781-4275
Specialty Mental Health Services - Inpatient & Outpatient
The following are services available for those members that meet medical necessity of EPSDT criteria for Medi-Cal Specialty Mental Health Services:
- Crises Intervention and Stabilization
- Mental Health Services (assessments plan, development, therapy, rehabilitation)
- Medication Support
- Day Treatment Services and Day Rehabilitation
- Targeted Case Management and Therapeutic Behavior Services
- Crises and Adult Residential Treatment
- Acute Psychiatric Inpatient Hospital and Health Facility Services
- Professional Services in Psychiatric Inpatient Hospital
Substance Use Disorder Preventive Services
Alcohol misuse screening services are covered for all members ages 18 and older. The following are services for alcohol misuse are offered through your PCP:
- One expanded screening for risky alcohol use per year
- Three 15-minute brief intervention sessions to address risky alcohol use per year
- Treatment for major alcohol problems