Learn the Basics on Plans Offered
Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Health Initiative
- Enrollment in SBHI / SLOHI is generally mandatory for Medi-Cal recipients in Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo counties.
- Eligibility can change monthly.
- Most members are “case managed” by a Primary Care Physician (PCP).
View or Members Page to learn more.
Access for Infants and Mothers
- The program has been designed for middle-income families who don’t have health insurance and whose income is too high to qualify for Medi-Cal.
- Mothers are eligible during their pregnancy and 60 days after delivery.
- Newborns are covered by the Medi-Cal Program.
- DHCS has begun the transition of the AIM program to a new delivery system called the Medi-Cal Access Program.
Find a Doctor
Search our network of over 275 Primary Care Physicians and 1250 Specialists to find the medical care that best fits your needs.